Information We Collect
When you create an account and use our Service, we collect the following types of information from you:
- Name and birthdate
- Contact information such as your email address
- Demographics information such as your gender and location
- Any other information, such as posts, files, content, and bio, you provide us
If you connect your Services account to a social networking services account (e.g. Twitter or Facebook), we may also collect information provided to us by such social networking service including for example your: name; email address; birthday; geographic location; interests; profile picture; gender; networks; user ID; list of friends; and any information you have made public on such social networking account.
We automatically collect information about how you use our services, for example, pages you have viewed. We also collect certain technical information about your device including your Internet protocol address, geo-location information, your browser type, language and identifying information, your operating system and application version, device types, device model and manufacturer, device identifiers, and your device operating system type and version.
Sharing Of Your Information
The Services may allow you to connect and share your actions, files, comments, content, profile, and information publicly or with other people. You may control some of the content or categories of information or files shared via your account on the Site. Please be mindful of your own privacy needs as you choose who to connect with and what to share and make public. We cannot control the privacy or security of information you choose to make public or share with others.
How Storia Uses Your Information
Storia generally uses your information to:
- Facilitate the creation of and maintain your account on the Services;
- Identify you as a user in our system;
- Provide, personalize, and improve the Services;
- Communicate with you about your use of the Services;
- Develop new products and services,
- Fulfill your requests;
- Send newsletters, surveys, offers and promotional materials related to the Services;
- Protect, investigate, and prevent potentially fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activities; and
- Protect our rights and the rights of other users.
How Storia Discloses Your Information
We may share your information as follows:
- We may share your personal information with your consent or at your direction.
- We may also share your information with others who perform services on our behalf.
- We may disclose your information if we believe we are required to do so by law, or to comply with a court order, judicial or other government subpoena, or warrant.
- We also may disclose your information if we believe doing so is appropriate or necessary to prevent any liability, or fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or to protect Storia and our Services; or any rights, property, or personal safety of Storia or others.
- In the event that Storia is acquired by or merged with another company or involved in any other business deal (or negotiation of a business deal) involving sale or transfer of all or part of our business or assets, we may transfer or assign your information as part of the transaction. Finally, in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, information may be transferred as a business asset.
We may also share aggregated and anonymized data with other third parties.
Storia takes commercially reasonable steps to help protect your Information against loss, misuse and unauthorized access, or disclosure. No company can fully prevent security risks, however. While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
You may opt out of receiving promotional and optional emails from Storia by following the instructions in those emails or by reviewing the settings in your account. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional, administrative emails, such as emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations. You may also send requests about your personal information, including changes to your contact preferences, or changes to or deletions of your information or content you post by emailing [email protected]. Please note that deletion of your information or content does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information posted on the Services.
Storia gives you certain choices about how we collect personally identifiable information as described in this Policy. But we may not (for example, through Google Analytics) recognize or respond to your Web browser’s “do not track” signal and other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party Web sites or online services. Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Site including certain opt-out cookies.
Storia Contact Information
Please contact Storia with any questions or comments about this Policy, your information, our third-party disclosure practices, or your consent choices via [email protected].